This course will focus on delivering you a foundation for choosing and utilizing multi-axis toolpaths instead of Mastercam for simple and complex models that may require multi-axis control. You will learn the critical steps needed to utilize the control these paths offer, as well as enhancing your current 3-axis processes.
The class will also cover programming for a variety of solid models and surfaces along with how to position and process them for utilizing multiple planes to create simultaneous motion.
Method of Instruction
This course is a classroom setting experience with personal handout instructions to be completed by the student.
After completion of the class the students can guide themselves back through each module and refresh their skills by completing the part at their own pace.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
• Explain and demonstrate the differences between 3+2 and simultaneous multi-axis toolpaths
• Understand and explain multi-axis terminology such as DWO, TCP, and functions like G68
• Apply new techniques for processing complex parts utilizing multi-axis toolpaths
• Create and manipulate geometry and planes to correctly form simultaneous motion toolpaths
• Demonstrate advanced proficiency with the Mastercam Multiaxis product
For additional information on the class/course, please download the outline below.