This course will focus on delivering you a foundation in the Mastercam Lathe product to provide all the right tools for continued learning and success. You will learn the critical steps needed to toolpath, verify, and produce code from a digital file to take to the shop floor to produce parts on your machines.
The class will cover programming for a single turret style lathe that utilizes the X and Z axes with a tailstock & stock flip on multiple parts. Users will learn how to manipulate different types of geometry and place them in the proper orientation to toolpath quickly and accurately.
Method of Instruction
This course is a classroom setting experience with personal handout instructions to be completed by the student.
After completion of the class the students can guide themselves back through each module and refresh their skills by completing the part at their own pace.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
• Explain and discuss the workflow for creating basic lathe toolpaths
• Practice the workflow of taking a model and creating NC code
• Demonstrate proficiency in the Mastercam Lathe product
• Articulate the difference between roughing and finishing toolpaths
• Understand what type of CAD files are available and working through a flow to select a toolpath
• Explain and demonstrate new techniques for toolpaths in Mastercam Lathe
For additional information on the class/course, please download the outline below.