This course will focus on enhancing your knowledge & skills from the Basic class by illustrating the greater capabilities of the Mastercam Mill product. Users will gain the knowledge and tools to utilize new techniques while learning additional programming tips in the software to optimize their toolpaths.
In this class, users will implement strategies that will decrease programming time and increase productivity and tool life. The strategies will be presented in a manner that they can be applied to a variety of parts and machines for both vertical and horizontal mills.
Method of Instruction
This course is a classroom setting experience with personal handout instructions to be completed by the student.
After completion of the class the students can guide themselves back through each module and refresh their skills by completing the part at their own pace.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
• Explain and discuss the workflow of the Opti-rough Dynamic Toolpath
• Work with multiple planes and views
• Manipulate the WCS for programming on 4-axis vertical and horizontal machines
• Articulate the difference on toolpath selection & application
• Understand what type of CAD files a programmer will experience in the industry
• Create visual setup sheets and utilize machine simulation for shop communication
• Explain and discuss “absolute” and “derived from” geometry programming in Mastercam
For additional information on the class/course, please download the outline below.